I hope you all had an amazing Christmas time or if you don’t celeberate it that you had a Happy Holiday Time! The weather has been unseasonably mild up to this point but as it has started to get colder I’ve been drinking many of a wide variety of hot drinks from Teas to Mochas to Starbucks.
Today I have collated for you my Top 2 at home hot drinks recipes that are simple, delicous and are perfect for cheering you up on that freezing winter day.
HOT DRINK NUMERO UNO ~ Healthy Gingerbread Hot Cocoa
Milk or Creamer
Cocoa Powder (I used Bournville Cocoa)
Chai Powder or Chai Concentrate (I used the “Drink Me” Skinny Blend Chai Latte Powder)
Sweetner (If needed/wanted)
- Add 2 teaspoons of Cocoa to your mug and boil the kettle
- Add one teaspoon of Chai Latte Powder to the cocoa and mix it through
- Add your boiling water half way up the mug and stir to ensure the dry ingredients have dissolved.
- Fill the rest of the cup with your milk or creamer.
This drink is so good and a delcious way of cheating the complex pinterest recipes and crazy calories of a pinterest recipe.
HOT DRINK #2 ~ PEPPERMINT MOCHA
1 Shot Espresso or Small Cup of Strong Coffee
Peppermint Candy Cane
Cocoa Powder or Hot Chocolate powder
- Break off a small part of your candy cane and save it for later on.
- Put the rest of your candy cane in the bottom of a mug and add a little boiling water to melt it slightly.
- Meanwhile prepare you mocha elsewhere as you normally would – for me that’s using 1 teaspoon Galaxy hot chocolate powder, my nespresso machine to make a small cup of strong coffee and a little milk for creaminess all together.
- Add you hot mocha to the candy cane mug (don’t worry if its not fully melted) and stir well.
- Top with whipped cream and the rest of your candy cane crushed into chunks or a powder!